International education is an important part of Australian culture. It offers Australian universities and citizens numerous cultural, profitable and social benefits. It establishes long-term relationships with cultures and people all around the world. The latest Australian strategy enables Australia’s international education sector to be more innovative, future-focused and globally competitive.
Australian Government is developing new strategies for International student to ensure that the education sector is sustainable and continues to be able to deliver quality outcomes for international students and the new strategies will:
- Acknowledge the changing environment
- guide the recovery of the sector from Covid-19
- Strengthens our reputation for high-quality education and training
- Describe our priorities and commitment to international education over the next 10 years
- Provide the innovation and responsiveness of the education sector
- React to new opportunities, including changes in student demands
- Maintain our status as an influential and dependable international education partner
How we will develop the new Australian strategies for international students
We invite and collaborate with the entire sector to develop a new strategy:
To get participate, you can:
- Respond to the consultation paper on strategy
- Take part in the public webinar
The consultation paper was developed by the expert member of the council for International Education in collaboration with our department. It describes our proposed vision and goals for the strategy, and immediate priorities for the over the next 10 years.